So here we are, just under 24 hours out from Election 2012. What’s left to say at this point? PLENTY.
People need to take a good hard look at what has transpired over the course of the last four years on the right. Here’s a partial rundown:
- An unprecedented “all except in name” coup engineered by the Republican Party that took the concept of “Country First,” killed it, burned the corpse, and pissed on the ashes.
- In the face of impending collapse of the auto industry, Mitt Romney advised us to “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt.” Of course, he made out like a bandit when President Obama ignored him and other naysayers.
- Mitch McConnell reminded us, in case we had forgotten in the midst of all their obstructionism, just what their primary goal was.
- The GOP decided to take their laser-sharp focus on jobs and turn it on women.
- Also, voter suppression.
- Additionally, immigration.
- And, NPR.
- Displaying his foreign policy chops, Mitt Romney called Russia “our biggest geopolitical foe,” but apparently his son Matt didn’t get the memo. Then again, maybe Mitt was just trolling his base.
- Romney outlined his view on disaster relief, and then the rains came, at which point his put his principles into action.
- Romney proved that he and his party are all about the little people.
- Romney was against going all out to get bin Laden, before he was for it. (He’s betting on people being too stupid to know the difference, and not without reason.)
I could go on all day, but here’s the point: There is no situation affecting America and its people as a whole which can be addressed competently in any way whatsoever by the election of Mitt Romney to the Presidency OR a Republican congress. The NeoConfederates on Capitol Hill have conducted themselves in a manner just short of sedition, and have done nothing to show themselves even remotely worthy of leading the country. Indeed, they seem to be more interested in CAUSING things to absolutely crater because they’re not being allowed to run the show. This is tantamount to taking the entire country hostage, and they shouldn’t be rewarded for it.